Fundamental Rights are given in Part-II Chapter-I of the Constitution of Islamic Republic of Pakistan 1973. These Rights are given by the constitution of Islamic Republic of Pakistan to every citizen of Pakistan. These rights are mentioned from articles 9 to 28 of the Constitution of Islamic Republic of Pakistan 1973. In article 8 it is stated that any law. Or any custom or usage having the force of law, insofar as it is inconsistent with the rights conferred by this chapter shall to the extent of such inconsistency be void. The state shall not make any law which takes away or abridges the rights so conferred and any law made in contravention of this clause shall, to the extent of such contravention, be void. Every citizen of Pakistan has the follow fundamental rights.
- No person shall be deprived of life or liberty, save in accordance with law.
2. No person who is arrested shall be detained in custody without being informed, as soon as, may be, of grounds for such arrest, nor shall he be denied the right to consult and be defended by a legal practitioner of his choice.
3. Slavery is non-existent and forbidden and no law shall permit or facilitate its introduction into Pakistan in any form.
4. No law shall authorize the punishment of a person for an act or omission that was not punishable by law at the time of the act or omission or for an offence by a penalty greater than, or of a kind different from, the penalty prescribed by law for that offence at the time the offence was committed.
5. No person shall be prosecuted or punished for the same offence or punished for the same offence more than once or shall, when accused of an offence, be compelled to be a witness against himself.
6. The dignity of man and subject to law, the privacy of home shall be inviolable. No person shall be subjected to torture for purpose of extracting evidence.
7. Every citizen shall have the right to remain, and subject to any reasonable restriction imposed by law in the public interest, enter and move freely throughout Pakistan and to reside and settle in any part thereof.
8. Every citizen shall have the right to assemble peacefully and without arms, subject to any reasonable restrictions imposed by law in the interest of public order.
9. Every citizen shall have the right to form associations or unions, subject to any reasonable restrictions imposed by law in the interest of sovereignty or integrity of Pakistan, public order or morality. Every citizen not being in service of Pakistan shall have the right to form or be a member of political party subject to any reasonable restrictions imposed by law in the interest of the sovereignty or integrity of Pakistan.
10. Subject to such qualification if any as may be prescribed by law every citizen shall have the right to enter upon any lawful profession or occupation, and to conduct any lawful trade or business.
11. Every citizen shall have the right to freedom of speech and expression, and there shall be freedom of the press, subject to any reasonable restrictions imposed by law in the interest of the glory of Islam or the integrity security or defense of Pakistan or nay part thereof friendly relations with foreign States, public order decency or morality or in relations to contempt of court or incitement to an offence.
12. Every citizen shall have the right of profess practice and propagate his religion and every religious denomination and every sect thereof shall have the right to establish maintain and manage its religious institutions.
13. No person shall be compelled to pay any special tax the proceeds of which are to be spent on the propagation or maintenance of any religion other than his own.
14. No person attending any educational institution shall be required to receive religious instructions or take part in any religious ceremony or attend religious worship if such instructions, ceremony or worship relates to a religion other than his own.
15. Every citizen shall have the right acquire, hold and dispose of property in any part of Pakistan subject to the Constitution and any reasonable restrictions imposed by law in the public interest.
16. No person shall be compulsorily deprived of his property save in accordance with law.
17. All citizens are equal before law and are entitled to equal protection of law. There is no discrimination on the basis of sex alone.
18. In respect of access to places of public entertainment or resort no intended of religious purposes only there shall be no discrimination against any citizen on the ground only of race religion, caste, sex, residence or place of birth.
19. No citizen otherwise qualified for appointment in the service of Pakistan shall be discriminated against in respect of any such appointment on the ground only of race, religion, caste, sex, residence or place of birth.
20. Subject of Article 251 any section of citizen having a distinct language script or culture shall have the right to preserve and promote the same and subject to law establish institutions for that purpose.